Thursday, December 6, 2007

Downloading YouTube Videos ... Reprise

Some time back, I mentioned kissyoutube, which was a nice service for downloading YouTube videos.

Well, I went to use it yesterday, only to discover that the service was down at present. They are providing a Windows application to do the same thing, but I couldn't get it to work :-(.

So, I went looking again and found Download YouTube Videos. Sadly, it just downloads the FLV file; there's no facility to convert to other formats.

However, I also discovered that VLC can play FLV files and that Visual Hub can handle them, so I can easily convert them for watching on my iPod Touch.

The reason this is of interest to me is that I realised there was a large backlog of Google Tech Talks that I'd been meaning to watch. Now that I can get them onto my iPod, I'm actually getting around to doing that!

No comments: