Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm In Love!

I generally think Apple does excellent user interface design.

However, from the first five minutes with my first Mac, a number of years ago, one thing that has driven me nuts is that to resize a window you need to navigate your mouse into a small section of its bottom right hand corner.

Madness, I say!

Well, today I discovered Zooom. It's similar to a Windows app I posted about recently.

The way it works is that you hold a couple of modifier keys (which you can configure) while moving the mouse pointer. One set moves the window, while the other resizes.

In addition, holding either pair of modifiers and double clicking is the equivalent of clicking the green button at the top left of the window.

It cost me around AUD18, but my sanity is worth at least twice that! Of course, having coughed up my dough, it's almost guaranteed that I'll shortly discover a freeware equivalent :-). That's just how the universe works.

No comments: