Thursday, January 31, 2008

Instapaper

When I find something interesting while blog scouring in bed, often I can't be bothered posting about it immediately. So, I tend to mail a link to myself and blog the next day.

During my most recent nocturnal browsing session, I discovered Instapaper.

It's a service that allows you to store URLs that you don't have time to digest now, for later reading.

Working in tandem with the service is a bookmarklet called "Read Later" that you can drag to your toolbar.

Pressing it grabs the current URL and sends it to your account on Instapaper. You can go to the site at any time, to see and manage all of those links.

Mind you, I'd prefer to just see a "Read Later" item when I right click on any link. That may be the desire that causes me to finally learn how to write Firefox plugins!

No comments: