Sunday, January 13, 2008

Moving Day

Oli, Nanette and their two kids, Adele and Eliane, moved to Canberra yesterday and, along with another friend, Ryan, I gave them a hand to load the truck.

I'd have loved a trip to Canberra for the unloading, but I had a prior dinner engagement last night ... more on that later.

It was a fun day. Oli and Ryan did the vast majority of the heavy lifting, so my poor, feeble old body survived relatively intact :-).

Here are a few pictures from the day's efforts. These are fairly compressed, to save me waiting hours for them to upload; I'll make up a DVD for Oli and Nanette later.

There were a few boxes ...

... and a few more boxes ...

... and just a couple more boxes ...

... and a number of other boxes ...

... "Just let me get my shoe on and I'll start loading these boxes" ...

... "Sure, but if you don't mind, I'll just sit here and watch you" ...

... "Are you certain it's a good idea to take that bottom box first, Adele?!" ...

... well, that's the boxes loaded ...

... now for Adele's bed ...

... "You know, I wasn't sure you'd ever get it to the ground, Papa" ...

... nobody's going to park the truck in now! ...

... hopefully, the neighbours didn't want to go out today ...

... "I'll just give them a ring to check" ...

... "I'm certain we can fit something else in here!" ...

... "Where are the kids?" ... "I've already loaded them on the truck" ...

... "But the little buggers won't stay where I put them" ...

No comments: