Thursday, January 17, 2008

We're Getting Closer

I have a large number of technical papers and books (particularly those published by the Pragmatic Programmers) in the form of PDFs.

Over a year ago, I bought an iRex Iliad, in the hopes of being able to carry my entire technical library with me ... without irreparably injuring my back.

Sadly, as it turned out, because the Iliad's screen size is only A5, reading PDFs formatted for A4 paper is a less than perfect experience.

So, I've been hanging out for an A4 eInk book reader to be released.

It looks like Hanlin may answer my prayers sometime soon. They've been showing off the V9 reader, with 9.7" 825 X 1200 pixel screen.

Here is a hands on review of the current prototype, according to which the V9 should be available sometime around June this year ... I can't wait!

No comments: