Wednesday, January 16, 2008

When Do We Feel Some Love?

As with the addition of TV shows and movies for purchase through iTunes way back ... actually, it's so long ago that I can't even remember now ... Stevie J said that they plan to make movie rentals available internationally "by the end of the year".

I think Steve has a weird idea of what the term "international" means, ... we still don't have the ability to buy TV shows or movies here in Australia to this very day. So, I won't be holding my breath waiting for rentals to appear.

Not that I'd be willing to pay the price Apple will charge for such rentals. We currently pay AUD 1.76 for something that only costs the septics the equivalent of AUD 1.12, so if we assume the same conversion factor, a $US3.99 new movie rental will cost us AUD 6.27.

I've not rented a DVD for a long time, so I have no idea whether that's reasonable or not ... I'm guessing not, especially since they have no material costs, because they don't need to hold inventory.

I'm not sure why I wrote this rant; I was just annoyed that we're missing out again on even having the opportunity to use the iTMS in the way the rest of the world can ... just like we did with music, then purchases of TV shows and movies.

You can bet it all comes down to greed, as usual ... the studios' greed and Apple's greed. Bastards!

Now, we will return you to our regular programme of Apple sycophancy :-).

No comments: