Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Process Continues

Since I'm a shower person, for the past five years my bathtub has been a container for all my cleaning products. Yesterday, I realised that I had an opportunity for a dual decluttering!

I've had a nice decoupaged bin (bought from someone at Bondi Markets years ago) sitting in the hallway for months. I moved that into the bathroom to fill up a wasted area under the sink and hid all of the cleaning gear inside it.

So, now the bathtub is empty ... apart from five years' worth of accumulated dust.

I like the idea of turning it into a huge planter box, as illustrated here:


However, it seems like a lot more effort than I'd be willing to go to ... and I'd prefer to avoid killing off any more plants with my notoriously black thumb :-).

Instead, I have an idea to use it for further decluttering ... I could purchase a sheet of wood large enough to cover the entire tub, turning it into a kind of chest.

That would allow me to use an otherwise completely wasted space to hold all of the out-of-season clothes that are currently an eyesore in my bedroom.

Now, where did I leave that tape measure ...

No comments: