Friday, April 4, 2008

Soh, A Needle Pulling Thread

I remember an occasion, some fifteen years ago, when I had a button pop off while at work and I jokingly said "Oh well, I'll just have to buy a new shirt" :-).

One of my female colleagues laughed so hard I was concerned that she might require medical attention!

While this was, of course, the intended outcome of my comment, I must admit that I have never used a needle and thread for any form of garment repair.

The only times I've leveraged such equipment have been when I needed to pull large cables through small holes, for geeky purposes.

Thus far, I've always been able to find someone else to perform any minor repair jobs, and there's no chance I'd ever get involved in something more substantial, like making my own clothes. Hence, my interest in the sutorial arts is vanishingly small.

However, if you've always wanted to know how to sew on a button, but were afraid to ask, check out this article over at Instructables.

No comments: