Of course, a fresh install is bereft of plugins, so I last night decided that was a good excuse to see what interesting ones are around.
There were a few that I were definitely on my "must have" list ... Ad Block, Customise Gmail, Better Gmail 2, Better Greader and Grease Monkey, so they went in first.
Here are the others that I found during my search ...
- Chroma Tabs
- Colours your tabs to highlight which sites they are displaying
- CSS Viewer
- Does as its name suggests
- Fisheye Tabs
- Similar to the dock zooming in OS X (say goodbye to those annoying little arrows on either end of the tab bar)
- Fox Clocks
- Puts a set of international clocks of your choice in the status bar
- Hyper Words
- Allows you to do all manner of things with highlighted text
- Live HTTP Headers
- Apart from the obvious, it also has links to things like the whois database
- Pic Lens
- A nice interface to sites like Flickr and Google Images
- Restart Firefox
- Very handy when it Firefox starts eating memory
- Tab Catalog
- Kind of like expose for tabs
- Video Download
- Allows downloading of YouTube and other video content
There are so many that I've not evaluated them in detail yet, so take this list with a grain of salt. I may throw some of them away over time and will very likely add to them, too.