Saturday, February 2, 2008

This Is So Cool

Muxicall is one of the coolest sites I've ever seen!

It's an online musical collaboration website. The main page consists of a grid of cells, each representing a musical note.

You choose whether you want your interactions to play as piano, strings or percussion. As you click on cells, the corresponding note is played on your PC and also transmitted to anyone else who is currently connected.

Each note played by any user is also displayed as an expanding coloured circle, so you get a beautiful visual effect as well.

If you hold the Shift key down, while moving your mouse over the grid (no need to press any mouse buttons), all the notes you touch will be played.


It's amazing how musical it is ... if, like me, your tastes lean towards the avant garde.

You can choose a username, but are not forced to. So, go and have some fun!

I think I'll spend a lot of time with this page open in the background, just to enjoy the ambience. In fact, I'm going to track down a "record whatever's playing through the sound card" application and save some of this, to stick on my iPod!

As I say, I think this is one of the coolest sites I've ever come across.

Thanks to Uneasy Silence for the link!

No comments: