Friday, November 23, 2007

The Demon Alcohol

I woke up this morning feeling a little the worse for wear.

Last night, I had drinks with some of the guys from Forge at the Lansdowne.

That would have been fine, except that when we decided to call it a night, Andy said he was going off to join up with Socs's son's buck's night pub crawl, which was in full swing down in The Rocks. Not one to miss a good pub crawl, I accepted his suggestion to tag along.

So, rather than it being a relatively quiet night, I ended up at the Hero Of Waterloo, Fortune Of War and eventually the downstairs bar at Jackson's On George.

To cap it all off, this morning I looked around the apartment and could not, for the life of me, find the bag I had with me last night! I called the last couple of pubs, with very little hope ... and my pessimism was fully repaid.

Fortunately, I eventually remembered that Andy and I had popped into the Forge offices before strolling off to the Hero Of Waterloo. Obviously, my brain was working much better last night than this morning. I left my bag there!

However, I urge you, gentle reader, to ignore this positive outcome ... the next time someone offers you the demon drink say "Get thee behind me, Satan!" :-).

No comments: